Trini-Style Hamburgers (recipe)
One of the first things you notice about a Trini burger is how redolent the flavour of garlic is. Not only is it infused throughout the patty itself, it is not uncommon to top the burger afterwards with garlic sauce as well! MMM garlic 🙂 *rubs belly* Garlic sauce isn’t the only difference in topping either, over here coleslaw trumps the ol lettuce and tomato that seems to be the default veggie accompaniment in the US. Personally I think the coleslaw adds the right amount of crunch and texture and softens the intensity of the garlic, without adding the sagginess that lettuce and tomato often do.
I was very happy with how this, my first attempt, came out and I’ll definitely be making it again 🙂
Recipe By: TriniGourmet.com
Serving Size: 4
1 1/4 lb ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cilantro (chadon beni)
1/2 small onion
6 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon pepper sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Puree the onion, garlic, cilantro, pepper sauce and vegetable oil
RECENT RESTAURANT POSTS ON TRINIGOURMET:
- Taste Vinoteca: Available For Holiday Functions!
- Enjoy A Night of Latin Dinner, Dancing & Cocktails this November at the Hyatt Trinidad (recap)
- New Additions To The Hyatt Sushi Menu!
- Kaizan Sushi – Movietowne POS (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- Taste Vinoteca – Lunch (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- La Cantina – Port of Spain (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- Taste Vinoteca – Dinner Menu (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- Paprika Bistro (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018!
- The Absolute Best Caribbean Restaurants in Crown Heights