Trini-Style Hamburgers (recipe)
One of the first things you notice about a Trini burger is how redolent the flavour of garlic is. Not only is it infused throughout the patty itself, it is not uncommon to top the burger afterwards with garlic sauce as well! MMM garlic 🙂 *rubs belly* Garlic sauce isn’t the only difference in topping either, over here coleslaw trumps the ol lettuce and tomato that seems to be the default veggie accompaniment in the US. Personally I think the coleslaw adds the right amount of crunch and texture and softens the intensity of the garlic, without adding the sagginess that lettuce and tomato often do.
I was very happy with how this, my first attempt, came out and I’ll definitely be making it again 🙂
Recipe By: TriniGourmet.com
Serving Size: 4
1 1/4 lb ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cilantro (chadon beni)
1/2 small onion
6 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon pepper sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Puree the onion, garlic, cilantro, pepper sauce and vegetable oil
Liked this post?
Unlock our *PREMIUM* SELECTA content for $5 US/month!
• CREDIT in my next e-book’s “Acknowledgements”
• ACCESS to my Discord Server Suggestion Box where I will take one idea, question, or request from that channel each month and create a blog post and/or social media content around it
- Exclusive videos: Access to Patreon-only videos and livestreams.
- Access: to my Patreon-only feed where I share a behind-the-scenes, real-time, and transparent look into what it takes to build and maintain online brands! Patrons will be the first to know about new developments and will have a chance to shape future content.
- Gratitude: My sincere appreciation for believing in me and supporting my efforts.