All you have to do is write about your experience visiting a Caribbean island (other than your home country).
Your essay should be no less than 700 words. It must include a description of the island’s culture, sites and attractions, special/ unique characteristics, and local, “must have” cuisine that you sampled. Entries must also clearly depict “the personal experience” of visiting the island. These criteria will be considered in the judging process.
First prize: Six, VIP tickets for the St Lucia Food and Rum Festival and 1 one-year
subscription to MACO Caribbean Living.
Second prize: One-year subscription to MACO Caribbean Living, and one-year subscription to
Third prize: The collector’s item, MACO Caribbean Homes.
Five consolation prizes of MACO bags and T-Shirts.
Criteria to enter the competition
- Entrants cannot be family members of MACO staff.
- Entrants cannot be professional media personnel or writers.
Terms and conditions
- By submitting the article and photo to Toute Bagai Publishing (publisher of MACO magazines), the entrant gives TBP full permission to publish the article on its blog, www.macocaribbean.com, permanently.
- MACO will publish each entrant’s article on its blog.
- The entrant may submit a photo from their trip.
Deadline for submission
Please e-mail your essays to email@example.com by September 28, 2007. All submissions should bear the entrant’s name, e-mail address, telephone number, and mailing address. You can also contact us via this e-mail address, if you have any enquiries.
This competition is open to persons worldwide.