Guava-Glazed Chicken with Fresh Rosemary [RECIPE]
*cues* “So long I ent see yuh!” Walk into the room with this chicken and all will quickly be forgiven! ???I made this delectable Guava-Glazed Chicken, with fresh Rosemary from my garden, back in April on my Twitch stream!
A twist on a recipe that I saw in 50 Shades of Chicken (an awesome and hilarious Secret Santa gift that I received from another streamer last year), I hope you will find the outcome as enjoyable as I did!
- 1 (31/2-4lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces, patted dry)
- 1 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 16 sprigs fresh rosemary (you can chop 8 sprigs into 2 halves)
- 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup guava jam
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp – 1 tbs pepper sauce (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. (If you want you can also marinate the chicken overnight in Trinidad green seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Grate the zest from the lime and squeeze the juice.
- Add the zest and juice to a small bowl and mix in the jam, soy sauce and minced garlic (and pepper sauce if using).
- Lay 8 sprigs of rosemary evenly onto a greased 9×13 baking dish
- Throughly glaze each chicken piece and place one piece on top of each rosemary sprig.
- Reglaze the top of the chicken pieces and place a rosemary sprig on top as well
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs before serving