Well Sugar High Friday #25 is up on me! I decided that I would try my hand at something that I’m calling Coconut Scented Rum Truffles (for now) 😉 I decided to make the filling with bittersweet chocolate, coconut cream and rum. The coating is semisweet chocolate. Half of the truffles were also sprinkled with light brown sugar for some disco-tastic sparkle.
Overall I’m happy with the end results but I want to continue tweaking the recipe.
Once I’ve got that ‘A-ha’ feeling I’ll post the recipe. Until then, enjoy the pics 😉
Ok, so Johanna over at The Passionate Cook has twisted my arm!
Here is my recipe Please note that it is a work in progress 😀 I will update it with the final one once I’m pleased. Until then enjoy and feel free to make it your own! 😀
Coconut Scented Rum Truffles
6 oz bittersweet chocolate
1/4 cup coconut cream (sweetened) (add 1/4 cup sugar if unsweetened)
1 tbsp rum
4 oz semisweet chocolate
brown sugar for sprinkling
1. Chop bittersweet chocolate into small pieces, place into top of double boiler
2. Heat coconut cream and rum in small saucepan until bubbling
3. Pour over chocolate and stir.
4. Turn on heat under double boiler to medium
5. Stir until completely melted and glossy
6. Chill the mixture in the fridge for 4 hours until quite firm
7. Divide the mixture into 12 equal pieces, quickly rolling each into a ball
8. Chill the chocolate balls in the fridge for one more hour, or until they are firm again
9. Melt the remaining semisweet chocolate in top of double boiler
10. Using two forks, carefully dip the truffles into the melted chocolate
11. Place the truffles on a board covered with wax paper or foil.
12. Sprinkle half the truffles with brown sugar
13. Leave to set before removing, wrapping, or eating! 😀