- TriniGourmet.com - http://www.trinigourmet.com -
Iced Lemon Ginger Tea (recipe)
Posted By Sarina On July 14, 2013 @ 10:11 am In beverages,vegetarian | Comments Disabled
As promised, here is the recipe for the Iced Ginger Lemon Tea which was the beverage component of my submission  to the 40th installment of Happy Sorceress’ Blog Party series . This drink is wonderfully refreshing and has a soft muted tone, thanks to the use of honey. Not only does the honey take the sharpness off the ginger flavour, it also makes this drink especially soothing on the throat. Although it was served ice cold this time around, it is equally delicious warm. For those in the colder temperate climates I think that this could could make a very festive alternative, or complement, to warm apple cider. Hot or cold, give it a try!
Iced Lemon Ginger Tea
Source: Gourmet Magazine 
4-inch piece fresh ginger root
6 cups water
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup sugar
Zest of 2 lemons, removed with a vegetable peeler
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1. Peel ginger root and cut crosswise into thin slices.
2. In a medium saucepan boil water, ginger root, honey, sugar and zest, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove pan from heat and steep “tea”, covered, 45 minutes.
4. Uncover tea and cool completely.
6. Transfer tea to a pitcher and stir in lemon juice.
7. Chill tea, covered, until cold and up to 2 days.
8. Serve tea over ice in tall glasses and garnish with lemon slices.
Article printed from TriniGourmet.com: http://www.trinigourmet.com
URL to article: http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/iced-lemon-ginger-tea-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 my submission: http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/fruit-nut-cookies-recipe/
 40th installment of Happy Sorceress’ Blog Party series: http://thehappysorceress.blogspot.com/2008/11/blog-party40-holiday-edition-20.html
 Gourmet Magazine: http://www.gourmet.com
 Image: http://www.linkwithin.com/
 Sarina: http://www.trinigourmet.com/index.php/author/sarinanow/
 "Glam By Request: 30+ Easy Caribbean Recipes": http://www.GlamByRequest.com
All text and images copyright TriniGourmet.com unless stated otherwise