Taste Vinoteca restaurant re-launches in new Maraval Plaza location
Restaurant Contact Details
Address: Maraval PlazaPort of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Phone: +1 (868) 323-4830Hours: Mon.-Sat. 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
About: Taste is a wine centric, Tapas style of dining with a Euro Mediterranean menu. We focus on Old World wine with fun and interesting wine experiences. Monday to Saturday lunch and dinner with monthly Sunday Brunch!
Last month I was delighted to attend the re-launch of Taste Vinoteca in it’s new Maraval Plaza location. Under the shared vision of restauranteur Lisa Johnstone and Head Chef Dwight Licorish, Taste had been serving up it’s unique blend of Euro-Mediterranean fusion fare for a year prior in One Woodbrook Place. In its new digs Taste retains the intimacy and coziness of its first location, however one now gets the sense that it can truly grow into its own with the expanded hours of operation. Already, two Sunday Brunches have taken place.
The Night’s Tasting Menu
With most new restaurants closing in their first year, Taste has already shown that it has what it takes to beat the odds. For those who have known Johnstone this would come as little surprise. Long known for her attention to detail and experimental palate she quickly developed a reputation in the early 2010’s for her wine tasting and pairing classes. Indeed, I have often credited her on this blog for helping me to also develop and refine my preferences!
If I had to choose an overall theme of the evening’s fare it would be ‘comfort’. There was a home-y warmth to the dishes that complimented the wines picked as well the subdued lighting. This is food that instantly evokes feelings of fellowship, friends and family, with combinations that are both familiar (rosemary rubbed Cornish Hen) and innovative (Pumpkin and Beet Salad – with a basil twist).
Click through the below to see some of the offerings that were on hand that evening.
RECENT RESTAURANT POSTS ON TRINIGOURMET:
- Taste Vinoteca: Available For Holiday Functions!
- Enjoy A Night of Latin Dinner, Dancing & Cocktails this November at the Hyatt Trinidad (recap)
- New Additions To The Hyatt Sushi Menu!
- Kaizan Sushi – Movietowne POS (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- Taste Vinoteca – Lunch (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- La Cantina – Port of Spain (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- Taste Vinoteca – Dinner Menu (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- Paprika Bistro (Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018)
- Trinidad & Tobago Restaurant Week 2018!
- The Absolute Best Caribbean Restaurants in Crown Heights