Bagna Romano (recipe)
My anchovy fixation continues and everyone in my home is loving it! This recipe for Bagna Romano couldn’t be any simpler. Pasta, anchovies, garlic and cheese. That’s it! The pasta is so delicious it is a meal in itself!
From: Cooking with Three Ingredients: Flavorful Food, Easy as 1, 2, 3
This sauce runs over with the complex salty fermented richness of oil-cured anchovies and garlic. It is a takeoff on the classic Roman dip bagna cauda, enhanced with Romano cheese.
This post has been submitted to Presto Pasta Nights 🙂
Recipe By: Cooking with Three Ingredients: Flavorful Food, Easy as 1, 2, 3
Serving Size: 4, when tossed with 1 lb pasta
1 small tin (2 oz) flat anchovies in oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic in oil
1/4 cup freshly grated romano cheese
1. Drain the anchovies, reserving the oil
2. Finely chop the anchovies
3. In a small skillet, combine the garlic in oil with the anchovies and the oil from the anchovies
4. Cook over medium-low heat until you smell the garlic strongly (about 1 minute)
5. When tossing this mixture with hot cooked pasta, add 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and the Romano cheese