Storing Wine: Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions
Over at SupermarketGuru.com you can find answers to frequently asked questions about storing wine.
• Should I be storing the wine I drink everyday in a special way or place?
• Where should I store wine I don’t plan to drink immediately?
• Where should I store wine after it is opened?
• How long will an open bottle of wine keep?
Thanks to their answers I have decided that I should not delay getting a proper wine rack any longer. My collection may not be very large but I had no idea that upright storage could actually deterioriate the quality! Because space is an issue I am currently leaning towards the following…
My favorite out of the pack however is this stackable 12-Bottle Wine Rack.
Stackable 12-Bottle Wine Rack
• Securely holds 12-bottles
• Extra sets are available for additional space
• Adjustable shelves
• Each rack is stackable so you can add as many or as few as you need
I’ve chosen it because my collection is stored in a cabinet (remember wines like to be in a cool, dark environment), however if I wanted something that would be on display for short periods I’d probably go for the Wrought Iron Swirl Wine Rack 🙂
This post was originally published September 6, 2006. It has been updated once since then.