Over at SupermarketGuru.com  you can find answers to frequently asked questions about storing wine .
• Should I be storing the wine I drink everyday in a special way or place?
• Where should I store wine I don’t plan to drink immediately?
• Where should I store wine after it is opened?
• How long will an open bottle of wine keep?
Thanks to their answers I have decided that I should not delay getting a proper wine rack any longer. My collection may not be very large but I had no idea that upright storage could actually deterioriate the quality! Because space is an issue I am currently leaning towards the following…
My favorite out of the pack however is this stackable 12-Bottle Wine Rack .
Stackable 12-Bottle Wine Rack 
• Securely holds 12-bottles
• Extra sets are available for additional space
• Adjustable shelves
• Each rack is stackable so you can add as many or as few as you need
I’ve chosen it because my collection is stored in a cabinet (remember wines like to be in a cool, dark environment), however if I wanted something that would be on display for short periods I’d probably go for the Wrought Iron Swirl Wine Rack 
This post was originally published September 6, 2006. It has been updated once since then.