- In Trinidad, Christmas is Parang! (video & holiday recipe roundup)
- Trinidad Pastelles (recipe) now with Delicious Vegan Option!
- Punch de Creme (recipe)
- Sorrel Drink (recipe & video)
- Carmen’s Jamaican Ginger Beer (recipe)
- Trinidad Black Cake (recipe)
- Trinidad Paime (recipe)
- Jamaican Sorrel Rum Punch (recipe & video)
- QUICK GINGER BEER Recipe at Epicurious.com
- TRINIDAD EXPRESS FEATURE: Pass The Ponche! (includes recipe for Beetroot Punch de Creme)
Well you know how Trinis like how to do everything las’ minute? 🙂 If you don’t have enough time to try my mother’s ginger beer recipe, here is a Quick Ginger Beer recipe from Epicurious.com that needs only 24 hours fermentation. Best of luck! 😀
Click here to read: QUICK GINGER BEER Recipe at Epicurious.com
This is the easy way to make ginger beer, where the ginger is simply soaked just slightly fermented for 24 hours (another method requires up to a five-day fermentation). Ginger beer is one of Jamaica’s most popular soft drinks and is sold practically everywhere, from the supermarket to roadside stands.
This drink is wonderfully refreshing. If the ginger heat is too much, tame it with more crushed ice and some club soda.
This post was originally published on December 22, 2006. It has been updated twice since then.